Writing Romance: Creating Stories that Make Your Readers Swoon
Dates: 5 Saturdays (February 15, 2020 – March 14, 2020)
Time: 10:15 – 11:45 am
Location: Ridgetop Coffee & Tea*
Instructor: Linda Budzinski
Registration for this workshop is now closed.
If you love reading and watching romance and would like to try your hand at writing your first romance novel, this five-week workshop is for you! You’ll discover:
- Essential elements of the romance novel
- Where (and how) to start your story
- Writing characters your readers will love (or love to hate!)
- Drawing in your readers … and keeping them engaged
- How to take your scenes from blah to brilliant
- Habits of highly successful authors
- 5 ways to to increase your chances of publication
This course is ideal for beginning/intermediate writers or more experienced writers new to the romance genre. In addition to instruction, we will have in-class exercises and will offer opportunities for sharing and critique.
Class is limited to the first 7 registrants. Must be age 18 or older.
About your instructor: Linda Budzinski is the author of four young adult romance novels, including The Boyfriend Whisperer, first-place winner of the Rosemary Award (Romance Writers of America Young Adult Chapter) and Fool for Love Award (RWA Virginia Chapter). Her novel Em & Em has been optioned for development as a TV series and was named a “Must Read for Teens” by Your Teen Magazine. When she’s not writing, she works in non-profit communications and outreach.
* Please note: The first three sessions of this workshop will be held at Ridgetop Coffee & Tea, 21631 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA. The last two sessions will take place at a location TBD in Sterling.