Writing Romance: Creating Stories that Make Your Readers Swoon
Dates: 5 Saturdays (February 15, 2020 – March 14, 2020)
Time: 10:15 – 11:45 am
Location: Ridgetop Coffee & Tea*
Instructor: Linda Budzinski
If you love reading and watching romance and would like to try your hand at writing your first romance novel, this five-week workshop is for you! You’ll discover:
- Essential elements of the romance novel
- Where (and how) to start your story
- Writing characters your readers will love (or love to hate!)
- Drawing in your readers … and keeping them engaged
- How to take your scenes from blah to brilliant
- Habits of highly successful authors
- 5 ways to to increase your chances of publication
This course is ideal for beginning/intermediate writers or more experienced writers new to the romance genre. In addition to instruction, we will have in-class exercises and will offer opportunities for sharing and critique.
Class is limited to the first 7 registrants. Must be age 18 or older.
About your instructor: Linda Budzinski is the author of four young adult romance novels, including The Boyfriend Whisperer, first-place winner of the Rosemary Award (Romance Writers of America Young Adult Chapter) and Fool for Love Award (RWA Virginia Chapter). Her novel Em & Em has been optioned for development as a TV series and was named a “Must Read for Teens” by Your Teen Magazine. When she’s not writing, she works in non-profit communications and outreach.
* Please note: The first three sessions of this workshop will be held at Ridgetop Coffee & Tea, 21631 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA. The last two sessions will take place at a location TBD in Sterling.